Join the Team at BIONIK
BIONIK is building a dynamic team to develop new transformational technologies and solutions for individuals with neurological disorders. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who enjoy working in a high paced, collaborative and goal-oriented environment. BIONIK is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation, employee benefits and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in an outstanding and intellectually challenging work environment.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to submit your resume.
Physical Therapist - Clermont, Florida
Description: This is a professional licensed Physical Therapy position which provides direct physical therapy care to eligible patients.
An employee in this position works closely with physical therapy staff, department and clinic managers, nursing staff, clinician staff, clinic lead physicians, administrative staff, and patients and their families.
Reports to: Physical Therapist / Clinical Manager
- Provides direct physical therapy care to convalescing patients including muscle testing, ROM, functional assessments, outcomes measures, manual therapy and muscle reeducation, guided exercise, and functional training, along with aquatic and robotics treatment.
- Observes condition of patients during treatment and may modify the prescribed treatment to avoid injury and maximize functional progress; consults with the physician to outline long range programs for a patient and reports progress or results as required by insurance and state regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrates proper treatment methods; teaches and guides patient or patient’s family for home treatment and discharge planning.
- Prepares periodic patient progress reports as needed, and completion of paperwork in compliance with insurance coverage and state requirements.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years of Clinical patient care experience, 1 of which preferred in Outpatient rehabilitation setting.
- Adept at electronic medical record utilization, and timely production of documentation and charges by end of business day.
- Basic working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Willing to learn all aspects of clinical operation functions Including pool maintenance, and annual fire safety elements.
- Able to assess and maintain safety of equipment, clinical staff, and patient safety in facility or report to appropriate resources for resolution of issues.
- Successfully passes a post-offer, pre-employment background clearance.
- Has current Physical Therapy license in Florida per the Florida Board of Physical therapy.
- Current in CPR and First Aid Certifications.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.